Thursday, May 29, 2008

Bye maw...(1 down, 1 more to go--it just gets harder from here.)

I just cut work yesterday. I could not bring myself to work. No. Not after we sent off Janjan (mawmaw) at the airport yesterday. Not after I hugged her to bits. Especially not after I opened her remembrance for me in the taxi and bursted out into sobs.

Two months ago, I thought that I would just have an ordinary summer. Meaning: the usual work and the one-time trip to the beach. But with some pleasant twist of fate, a long lost friend of mine arrived a day before my birthday and introduced me to a new friend later on. I call my long lost friend (YA)Wawah and my new friend (A)Mawmaw.

So the usual summer became an unusually great summer for me and it consisted of drinking almost every night (which explains my tardiness), watching movies, grilled hotdog and mallows night, other food trips, shopping, having a very long vacation on th beach, a 2-month long "sleepover", music tripping, internet surfing, bar hopping, "ungo" sessions, tattoo sessions, belly ring piercing and endless laughing and conversations about the 3 major L's in life: love, life and lust (hehe).



Everyday. It was always me with my Mawmaw and Wawah. Definitely no DULL moment with them. They were my ka-petes for the entire summer. My schedule revolved around them and I have no regrets because I could now say that I had a blast.

So why talk in past tense? That was the catch. From the very beginning, I knew that the end of summer would also signal the end of our hangouts. So we tried our best to fit in everything we wanted to do together in that span of time. And boy did we take it seriously! Mawmaw and I were already boarders at Wawah's place. Tita Christine has accepted that fact, I guess. That she would have to share her daughter with two other "almost-daughters" during her true daughter's short vacation here in Cebu. Hehe.


And yesterday--OH YESTERDAY...i hated yesterday. We knew yesterday would come. But we were so into deep in our "lingaw" that nothing prepared us for yesterday. Wawah and I were silent on our taxi ride going back. No one wanted to say anything. We tried to make it a feel-good day, went to the spa, ate scallops, drank tequila, watched dvds, but napiang na ang mga PETES. Its just not the same anymore.

Yesterday was DAY 1 of Manna's separation anxiety series. A few more days and its Wawah's time to go. Yesterday Wawah and I sent off Mawmaw. Next week--if i muster the strength, I'll also send her off. This time I would be alone. This time there will be no spa treatments or other feel-good stuff to do after.

And then I'm gonna go back to the life that I was used to. It's not a bad life, for sure. But its not gonna be the same as my 2-month long MIGHTY BONDing with my ka-petes.

A few hours from this moment, Mawmaw will be arriving in Dubai. When will I see her again? We still do not know. And Wawah? Next week will start another 9-month long absence as she tours the world again.

Thank you ka-petes for a very wonderful summer.

I will SURELY miss you.
so much.

Take care and come home to me soon, ok?

No comments: