Sunday, September 14, 2008

Define HAPPINESS

I just received the best compliment today from my friend Josette (who celebrated her bday last sept. 11---happy bday sette!!!): "Hmmmm....you look fine today. You look HAPPY. Walay gabother nimo karon. Dili ka murag naay problema." (To think I had a ZIT on my lower left cheek! haha)

I don't know if I always looked problematic in the past whenever I saw Josette, but her compliment actually confirmed the fact that I was indeed happy with my life right now and that it actually showed.

No, I am not inlove. I did not get a promotion. My savings is still ZERO. I haven't slimmed down yet. I even came from a very exciting yet stressful 5-day shoot from Dumaguete and Siquijor (yes post about it later). I haven't been getting any sleep because of the frequent insomnia attacks. So why did I look happy despite the humongous pimple I have under my left cheek?

Maybe because I am at peace with my life. Or that there are no complications in it? Maybe because I've learn to trust God more with my life and learned to just throw away all my problems (if there were) to HIM. Maybe because I have finally learned to be contented with what I have.

But whatever it was that Josette saw...I'm just happy that she saw it. Because when she did, I was like..."Bitaw noh, happy man ko."

So what is happiness then?

For me...its CHOOSING to be happy even if there are no actual and tangible reasons to be happy.

Thanks for noticing Sette, because of it, I also noticed too. Weird. (Dapat pajud diay naay lain na makabantay. haha)

So how about you?

What's your definition of happiness? :)

No comments: