Monday, November 17, 2008

Now we can say it: Thank God It's Friday because...

...at TGIF, everyday is a Friday!

I've been "The Secret-ing" being able to go at TGIF when it opens but I got something even better! Apparently RCTV was invited to be one of their guests during their 1-day by invitation only opening.

On our way to TGIF :)

People were invited to come at different times of the day because there wasn't enough space to accommodate everyone all at the same time. When we arrived a line was already forming outside.



I even saw Jen from The Freeman. Yes she's the one responsible for having some of my entries published there. Hehe.



Before we went in, we were briefed by one of the personnels that we shouldn't expect the best service that day because it was some sort of a test drive. "Worst case scenario, you'll get your order after 2 hours." We were also told that we can only sit where the waiters would lead us and that we couldn't change tables anymore. Well, I could understand what with all the people and it being a test drive. At first when our waiter led us to the bar, I was kinda disappointed because I did not want to be seated besise each other, contrary to being seated across each other which would have been ideal. But as luck would take it, sitting at the bar was, I belive, the best place to be in when you are at TGIF.



When the waiters asked for our orders, I ordered their Jack Daniel's chicken. Hmm I wonder how that was gonna taste like.

While waiting, we were being entertained by a bartender who I later on found out was the BEST bartender in the world. This is according to the TGIF search for the best bartender in the world contest--that is.



Since there were only three of us at the bar that time, we were the lucky ones who got free cocktail drinks and those were the only ones that were not free that time! I got a bacardi-soda-lime cocktail. Ok, drinks before meals it is then.



After a few minutes, my companions' orders came but where was mine??? I couldn't complain because I have been forewarned. But oh well, when the food came, I wasn't that hungry anymore because of all the free NON-alcoholic drinks.



All in all, I had a great time. The people there were all literally happy to be working. Very energetic. Very hyper. But we'll see how long they can keep up theire happy faces. Hehe. I definitely will be back.



Thank God It's Friday is now open to the public (just last November 14 or 15) and they're located at The Terraces in Ayala.



No comments: