Monday, August 25, 2008

Dr. Phil?

Just think of the 6-month theory. Your heartbroken now. Your miserable. You think your life is over. But try to look at yourslef 6 months from now. Do you still see yourself being miserable? I don't think so.

I was hanging out with some "kids" a while ago who were experiencing "love problems." Naturally since they thought I was older and (a bit) wiser, they asked me for advise. They are 19 year old guys who had problems with their girlfriends. One was in a long distance relationship and because of that his girlfriend broke up with him. They've been together for 2 years and 3 months. One has an "insensitive" girlfriend. He had to do all the adjustments to be able to make her girl happy.

So I kinda tried to give them a piece of my mind, My advise to the guy who was in an LDR is on the first paragraph. From experience? Well, not really. I actually surprised myself. Where were all those words of wisdom coming from? It was weird that they saw me as an "expert", when really, those were just advises I gathered from collaborative experiences of my friends. I've had my own share of experiences but I'm definitely far--way way far from being an expert. Well really, who is an expert on love? No one really is right, especially when you are the one faced with the situation. Its easier giving out advise when you're looking at the relationship as a third party. But really, when you're in it, when you are actually the one in the situation, do you also see what others see?

I'm glad I'm single because I do not have to undergo the pains and emotional stress of being in a relationship. I'm glad to be in the position of the "adviser". Im glad to not be in their place of being heartbroken and all.

And then it makes me wonder. When the time comes for me to be in a serious commitment, will I remember all the advise I gave out? Being single and listening to other people's experiences gives me time to prepare myself for what will be in store for me when I become in a relationship soon.

Soon. God-willing.

As for now, being a 22 year old single female has its perks. But sometimes, I just wonder how the next chapter is gonna be.

So yeah, to 19 year old A and 19 yr old B, you still have your whole life ahead of you. It is not the end of the world.

How about you? Do you follow your own advise?

No comments: