Thursday, August 21, 2008

Yes, I am blessed :)

The past few days made me realize two things:

1.) Some broken relationships have to stay broken.

2.) But some are also meant to be fixed.

I am thankful for the many great people that have took their time to make my life one of their stopovers. It is a known fact (cliche even) that people just come and go. Like it or not, its a thing that we all have to deal with. However the beauty of this cycle is that when certain people have to move along with their own journeys, a new set of people comes along and instantly refills their places. I clearly did not use the word "replace" because no one can replace anyone. They merely refill a missing area in our lives--and add some more even.

So going back to the two things that I have learned. Yup, some relationships (friendships/kinships/uyabships..whatever) are not constant. When you realize that despite every effort you put into something that will never work, you just have to accept that some things should just be left alone. Yes, some battles are really meant to be lost.

On the other hand, when a thing can still be fixed, it really can be fixed. I am happy with a recent reconciliation I had with a good friend. The silent war we had really had me bothered, but now after the reconciliation, not only do I feel better, I also feel vindicated.

Despite a recent re-letting go, I am also happy that there is also a welcoming back. God does work in mysterious ways, and I do not mind because I know that His plans are perfect for me. I've stopped questioning His will already. I've realized that once we surrender everything to Him, instead of feeling vulnerable, we become more invincible.

Sometimes it is so hard to look for the silver lining when all we focus on are the dark clouds, but looking at the brighter side of life is a hundred times better than staying in the dark.

Yes, despite the P8 fare, the weird weather, the war in Mindanao, the piling debts-- I am still blessed.

How about you? Have you counted your blessings lately?

No comments: