Saturday, March 22, 2008

An Easter post (and more)

So first of all, happy easter to everyone. We just finished a 4-hour mass starting at 3AM. If you're wondering if that is possible--well that is even a longer story. Dint get much sleep. Funny how sleep evades you when you desperately need it and how it haunts you when you need to stay awake. (So much like how I felt while listening to the 10 epistle readings... hmmm) But its all good. When it all boils down to knowing what our savior suffered on the cross just to save us all, a 4-hour mass every easter sunday is really not as bad as it sounds.

So now I'm spending my last moments in Kalibo in our ever tusted hang-out place which we call "The Planet." Its actually an internet cafe where we can all hang out and chill. My boys (hehe) are all busy playing DOTA. I wonder whats in that game for them to be really addicted to it. One time I tried playing O2 jam for the heck of it. But I sucked at it. Hell, I suck at online games in general. So I'd rather surf the net. For 10 bucks an hour, not bad at all.

I've been going here since I arrived. Will really miss the guys. Will miss "the planet". Will miss the motorcycle rides. Life here is sooo simple. Everyone leaves so close to everyone. When you wanna meet up, I just go directly to The Planet and sure enough everyone will be arriving without me even telling them that I'm here. My boys are very predictable like that.

Actually its funny coz they're all batchmates of my brother, 2 years younger than me. But since my brother has a girlfriend already, I was the one who started hanging out with them. They just love the simple pleasures that life gives them, so its a breath of fresh air compared to the grueling stress I have to deal with in the city. I've known this guys since we were kids because we go to the same church--yeah where we have 4-hour masses.

It has been really fun. But just a few hours from now, I will be leaving them again. I hope to see them again this May 1 so we could seriously pursue our plan to go to Boracay on motorcycle--just for the experience.

Tomorrow, I will be back to Cebu--a city which I have also learned to love. But deep down I know that whatever happens to me, I will always always go back to Kalibo. I will always go back to my boys. Haha.

(They don't even know that I keep blogging about them. Too busy with DOTA)

Btw, did I really say that this was an Easter post? Haha.

Happy Easter again everyone.

No comments: