Monday, March 3, 2008

MAYPRIL

You know how nursing students always wear nametags? Well, as usual I was riding a 13C jeepney going to the office and one of the passengers was a nursing student. I knew that this wasn't the first time that we rode the same jeepney because of her name. The first time I saw her wearing that nametag, I immediately couldn't help but stare. It said: "Maypril".

This morning was probably the 3rd ot 4th time that we rode together in the same jeepney. Her name kinda struck me as odd, if not unique. Usually, people named April or May or Jan are people born on that very month that they were named after. But Maypril? Please enlighten me.

Was she born in the middle of those months (duh)? Or maybe its a combination of her father's and mother's names (Mayora & Prilsitio???--I don't think so). Or its the combination of the months of her parents' birthdays.

Then again, it shouldn't be my problem, right? Haha.

Sorry Maypril. See you around I guess. Maybe next time na magkasakay ta, I would have the guts to ask. :)

No comments: