Friday, March 21, 2008

Enjoying Kalibo the OLD SCHOOL way

So last night was Good Friday that's we didn't go out and party. I hanged out at a friend's house and watched the yearly procession of chariots in the town proper. I'm not really a Roman Catholic, and besides we already came from a 7 last words mass so I did not really have to join the procession. I as telling my kababata that they shouldn't drink coz it as good friday. So I treated them to a 1.5L coke and chips. When they finished it, they were like:

Nikko: Hay paano, ubos eon ro Coke. (What now, there's no more coke?)

Manna: Chika kita ron. (Let's just talk)

Apol: Ok boss!

***silence. stare at each other. really long akward silence.***

Manna: Fine! Do what you hafta do!

Nikko: Ok! Amot2 kita para sa generoso ag iced tea! (Alright you guys, contribute cash for Generoso and iced tea)

So much for the Good Friday abstinence. This guys couldn't function well in a hang-out without alcoohol. Haha. But I love these guys. We've been friends since the time we couldn't even wipe away the snots from our faces. I didn't drink though. I'm a good christian. (hahaha)

At around 7pm, we decided to go home. And then, the motorcycle freak that I was, I asked Paul to drive around for a while. I'm crazy about motorcycles. I can't drive but I love riding them. So we drove off, under the big full moon. Nothing beats the feeling of wind gushing through your face. There were three of us who were on motorcycles and we felt like just driving off. We then went to the nearest beach seawall (which was just like a 15-minute drive) and just sat there and looked at the glistening sea. Now this seawall has been there for AGES. But after 21 (almost 22) years of being an aklanon, that was the first time that I was there. I wasn't allowed when I as a kid coz it as "dangerous". We even saw an empty condom wrapper there. Eeeew.

Anyway, we plan to go to Boracay on motorcycle this coming May 1. Weeeee. I'm already excited. Caticlan is just like an hour ride from Kalibo. We plan to leave before sunrise and go back home before sunset. Can't wait!!!

I'm gonna miss these guys when I go back to Cebu. :(

No comments: