Friday, March 14, 2008

The Photophobe

Its about time I changed my avatar. :) Hi y'all!

I don't know if you've noticed but I'm not much of a fanatic of taking self portraits. Check my albums and you'll find it rare to see decent solo pictures of myself. When I'm in a picture, it is usually with a group. I have two cameraphones (one of which is kinda obsolete). If you check the albums in my phone, you will notice that it mostly contains pictures of my friends, officemates and such. You will rarely see solo pictures of me in my phone. I'm just not the type who you will see in the corner smiling and taking a picture of herself with the camera phone. When there's a group picture taking and everybody is running towards each other and stepping on each other's toes just to be included in the photo, you will normally see me just sitting in one corner and laughing. But don't get me wrong, I don't hate pictures. I love them. I love TAKING them. I also like being part of them but I would NOT die if I don't become part of a picture.

There are those very rare moments when I feel like being a poser and I indulge in a little vanity. But that's just it. I guess I'm also very picky with my solo pictures. If I don't like what I see, it is automatically deleted. (sus magpataas taas pajud ug explain oi, kung muangkon nalang diay kog di ko photogenic! hahaha)

Anyway, here are a few of my fave solo pictures--mostly taken when I was not looking. :)

This one was taken by Rose. I only found out about this picture when I saw it in her multiply account. Thanks Rose.

I was sleeping when belle took this. (wasn't acting! swear!)

On this picture, I asked my friend to take a photo of my ambigram henna tat which I love. :)


And the point of this whole entry? Well, I've been wanting to change my avatar for a long time but haven't found a solo pic of myself which I really liked. So I checked my pics to see which one would be my most recent solo picture and I was surprised to see that there wasn't much to choose from. That's when I realized that I was a little photophobic. That's when all those picture-taking moments flashed back to my memory.

Bati baya kay gamay ra ayo kog pictures na mapilian. Maybe next time I'll try sitting in one corner and take pictures of myself too. Magpractice nya ko. Haha

No comments: