Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Happy Independence Day?

If I was going to be a student again under Sir Nimrod Quiñones, I’d probably be having a blast answering one of his daily current events tests. I do not know though if Sir Nimmy would consider this as “test worthy” but here are the current events that had boggled my mind these past few days:

The death of Rudy Fernandez has been inevitable but still shocking. We have been hearing all sorts of updates about his sickness for the past year and we even saw pictures of Senator Jinggoy and Senator Bong visiting him in the hospital. But thinking that he’s Rudy Fernandez, “Da Boy”, many of us thought at the back of our minds that he would survive it. Who could imagine “Da Boy” actually looking weak and eventually dying? I guess that macho image of his will never be erased in our minds despite the weak, frail and dead RF that he is now.

And then there’s the alleged abduction of Ces Drilon and two TV Crew by the Abus. Scaaaaaaaaaarrrry! This is Ces Drilon we are talking about here! THE Ces Drilon! It’s almost as shocking as abducting Korina Sanchez or Kris Aquino! If it is true, it’s scary that the Abus are trying to portray a message that EVERYONE is vulnerable to them. As of press time, they said that it is not yet definite if she was really indeed kidnapped because no ransom has been demanded yet.


If Ces was really abducted, and if she gets out alive (and I do hope and pray that she does), I’m pretty sure that ABS CBN will turn her into some kind of hero and then Ces might write a book about her experience and Claudine Baretto might then portray her as they turn her life story into a movie. Diba?

In sports news, the Celtics-Lakers game has been really driving me and my officemates crazy as we are currently equally divided in terms of “patronage”. Care, Judith and me are pro Lakers, while Noel, Bong and Bastiene are pro Celtics. It’s crazy. Lakers just won yesterday so the standing is now 2:1. I’m scared. I feel that Celtics will win. L In fairness, I don’t really like watching basketball, but it’s my duty to Wawah to update her about it, so might as well enjoy it. Hehe.

I’m really feeling the harsh realities of our weakening economy now. Regular jeepney fair is now P6.50, gas prices are soaring high and even shocking was the increase in rice. What is happening to the world???

(Di nalang ko magrice oi para ang greater population ang maka benefit. Diet bitaw ko. Haha.)

No comments: