Thursday, April 3, 2008

my version of a happy birthday ;)

Yesterday, God told me that I had a lot of good friends.

To tell you honestly, I wasn't planning anything for my birthday. I knew it was coming but I did not make plans. Why?

a.) no money
b.) didn't know who to celebrate it with--daghan bya kog friends...haha
c.) i had to work anyways

But it started on the eve of my birthday--I spent it with my Nomad's friends. Didn't spend a cent. Hehe. Didn't drink a drop either. I couldn't drink "dennis trillo" with iced tea anyways without dying afterwards. hehehe. Many friends started texting and calling me already. That really made me feel good. It's nice to be remembered. :)

On the morn of my birthday, I woke up at 7:30 AM--just in time so I wouldn't be late for work. But since I didn't plan anything for my day, I thought about giving myself a treat by going back to sleep. I woke up at 10AM and ate breakfast at Nomad's. By 11AM i went home and took a bath because I had to report to work in the afternoon. Just when I was wrapped in my towel and putting deo on (hehe), someone knocked on my door. (weird, nobody did that) I was told that someone was waiting downstairs. Surprise, surprise. :)

When I got down, someone left me a package. Wow my very first birthday present! (apparently the last for the day...hehe) It was wrapped in gold paper. I knew it was from the guys at Nomad's so I rushed there and thanked them and went home again to open my present. I loved it! They gave me a set of plain white tees. Awwwww.... (Plain white tees are their "thing" so now I'm like officially part of their gang). I wore it to work. :)

Let's skip the afternoon part because it was all pure work and someone even sent me a hate mail--haha. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! Woohooo!

I then had dinner with my friend who just came back from a cruise. (Teh I really did miss you so much!) She has been gone for 9 months and arrived the day before my birthday. Goody! We ate at Mooon Cafe (got lost, as usual--really bad with remembering directions), and talked the whoooole time. Afterwards we decided to get a drink at Alejandro's (and got lost again). We ordered wengweng (that's our thing). Two pitchers, just the two of us, mano y mano. (hehe) Now wengweng has 7 spirits in it and I AM NOT MUCH of a drinker. Seriously. Just 3 glasses of beer makes me fall asleep. But we finished the two mini pitchers because it tasted so damn good. I wanted more but my head was throbbing and I was all red already. But it did feel goooood. haha. HUBOG DOH!

Manna: Teh, did I already tell you that I'm so happy that you got home in time for my birthday?
Kim: Yes teh, for the nth time already. (hahaha)

Went home, dropped by Nomad's but couldn't really function anymore so I went to my room and slept. Woke up at 1:30AM feeling reaaally thirsty AND hungry so I went to Nomad's again and we all ate at a 24-hour tapsilogan. Whew! Went home and slept again.

That about wraps up my birthday. I am overwhelmed by the influx of greetings, calls, messages by friends that I haven't seen in such a long time and etc. To tell you the truth, yesterday was the first time I did not plan anything for my birthday but I thought it was one of the best birthdays I've ever had!

One thing I realized, lingaw diay nang di ka mamangka kay makakita jud ka kung kinsa ang mga taw na mu go out of their way just to make you feel that you're remembered on your birthday. Yahoo!

No comments: