Monday, April 14, 2008

short term vs. long term

Its funny how people always think about just the NOW. Not that the "yesterday" matters anymore but there's always the "tomorrow" to consider. I'm guilty of that. I've been guilty on making decisions based on short term happiness. Based on what can satisfy and please me now. I always tell myself that i'll just have to worry about tomorrow--well, tomorrow!

More often than not, something goes wrong but I've dealt with it. Still dealing with some of it, but so far no major harm done.

BUT right now, I'm kinda scared because I am acting on a certain decision that I know for sure will just give me momentary happiness, and will cause me extreme sadness later on. I don't want to let the moment pass, because it has already passed my way twice. I ignored it the first time and regretted it. Now that I've been given a second chance, I should learn to seize it right, live my life, take the risk and whatever other bullshitty advice we hear.

If you want me to talk about the moment, the right now...well it has been super great. Nothing compares to the excitement and thrill that I get out of the experience that I am in right now. I am enjoying the feeling because i have FORGOTTEN how it is to feel like this after almost 1 year of being in the "Dark Ages." I know I should be more cautious. But the RIGHT NOW is just so great.

So the question now is, should I live for the moment and worry about tomorrow later on? Or should I just be the cautious person that I ideally should be given the situation I am in right now?

BTW, no, I'm not on drugs. Hehe :p

No comments: